Creative Associates International is a company with a mission of supporting people around the world to realize the positive change they seek. Creative envisions stable neighborhoods, communities and regions that can develop effective institutions to provide for their people, enabling them to overcome hardship and live peaceful and fulfilling lives.
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) is an essential component of any intervention, project, or program. This course will help you understand what M&E is, why it is important, and the basics of what it entails.
This course is provided through USAID’s Global Health e-Learning Center. You will be taken to the GHeL website where you will register for free and login to take the course.
What will I learn?
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the basic purposes and scope of M&E
- Differentiate between monitoring functions and evaluation functions
- Describe the functions of an M&E plan
- Identify the main components of an M&E plan
- Identify and differentiate between conceptual frameworks, results frameworks, and logic models
- Describe how frameworks are used for M&E planning
- Identify criteria for the selection of indicators
- Describe how indicators are linked to frameworks
- Identify types of data sources
- Describe how information can be used for decision-making
How should I prepare?
There is no previous preparation required for this course.
IMAGE: CIMMYT CC BY-NC-SA 2.0 via Flickr